Sunday, July 5, 2009

Thing #13--Tagging

When I first started taking the tutorials, I was a little lost! Then I realized this is just like "tagging" yourself in facebook, or at least a little similar. Once I became a member, and added the delicious tools in my browser menu, I realized how great this tool really is. I was able to tag and bookmark all of my favorite and useful library web pages. I searched for more, and found many library information literacy lessons--which I am always in search of!

This will be so useful for teachers, and for students in research. One of the kids research topics that came to mind was the Civil War Prisons. They are always wanting to research this topic when doing the "Civil War Research". I also looked up some of the teachers curriculum topics to see if they had useful tools, which they did.

I am going to definitely show the teachers the social bookmarking of delicious during staff development. At least they will have something new to try for the year, and hopefully be able to find something new to USE for the year in their classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment