Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Thing #19

I REALLY like docstoc!! When I show teachers this (the one's that are unfamiliar with this) they will love me! On just the first page for teachers were beginning of the school idea sheets. Teachers are always looking for MORE ideas and worksheets, etc. I even found some jeopardy PowerPoints, which have become very popular.
Even parents of little kids (like myself) will like this: I am always looking for printables for my child to do on trips.
Istats will be another one I could share with teachers, especially the teacher's who play fantasy ball leagues. : )
This tool could be used as a topic of staff development after each summer. I could display these for exploration of new technological ideas for teachers. I put this website in my delicious bookmarks to remind myself each year. I might try it for this year just to see how the teachers like it. Librarians need to be up to date on technology and information. SEOmoz's Web 2.0 winners is one way to keep current, and know where to find the most accurate and useful information for patrons, and teachers.
I can't wait (as I have stated in other posts) to show all these wonderful tools to teachers on my campus!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you found some great stuff - please share - where are the Jeopardy games?
    I was following you but lost you so I'm glad I ran into you at Target - Hang in there - you are almost done!

    ReplyDelete