Sunday, July 12, 2009

Thing #16

I really enjoyed going through the AASL http://aasl.pbworks.com/ I have bookmarked in my delicious tags for future use. They were able to really collaborate on some ideas I am always needing in my school library.

Wikis I will definitely have to play with some before I put it out there for students. I saw one comment of another player who stated that she will probably do a blog rather than a wiki because of students wanting to delete or add stuff for others....a thought. In intermediate school it is all about getting attention, so I probably will do a wiki lesson for teachers but just use a blog for students so they can add their own information without disrupting others. I could see high school doing a wiki, but not middle school!

I would love to try a debate about characters, books in a series, etc using a wiki BUT as I had stated above it will probably be in blog.

1 comment:

  1. I have used wikis extensively with my book clubs in 5th grades. The thing I like about them, is you see a stream of comments where everyone is pretty much equal with their thoughts and expression. A blog highlights a particular person's thoughts at one time with others just commenting on theirs. I find wikis give a more true discussion.

    ReplyDelete