Friday, June 19, 2009

Thing #7

Google Earth is by far my favorite, we have been looking up things for a long time to see how often they update the pictures. It is a great tool in geography and social studies, but I am not sure our teachers even use it, since our district really tries to deter us from using Google.

Google advanced tools were often the first year I was a librarian. I was needing a PowerPoint idea for library orientation. I search using the advanced search method, only looking for PowerPoints. I found a great one: found the person that made it, and asked her if I could borrow and change it to meet the needs of my school. She said yes, wished me luck, and I found a friendly librarian in Florida to talk to you!

1 comment:

  1. It's unfortunate that your district doesn't want youto use Google. Google has its place and can be a really great free resource.

    ReplyDelete