Saturday, June 27, 2009

Library Thing #11

I have seen the Library Thing before, and then several of the librarians I know have used Shelfari.
It is amazing how many books I could remember that I have read, and I am sure there are more.
This program will be so helpful in reminding me what I read, and keeping track of my favorite books. When I am needing a lesson on books that I have read, I can use Library Thing as a reference tool for my library lessons. I have always wanted to keep track of these things: books I have read, books I am wanting to read, etc. Now when I am ready for my next "reading" I can go to Library Thing and find my list ( I am horrible at keeping up with lists and not loosing them).
I have joined two groups: Librarians who LibraryThing, and Read YA Lit. I even posted on one of the discussions: What is your least favorite YA Lit? I would really like to know what people think of my least favorite!

2 comments:

  1. I like your idea for using Library Thing to keep track of the books that you are reading or want to read. As a librarian, I sometimes forget a great book that I should recommend to students. Maybe Library Thing would be a good way for me to keep track. I'd be interested to learn more about how you use Library Thing for your library lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you put Library Thing on the side of your blog? I might try those two groups too. Thanks for the info. My blog is http://tinastreasurestidbits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete